Friday, February 26, 2010

Are there any hair products that can prevent split ends or thinning hair caused by a straightner or curling.?

I haven't exactly started straightening my hair or curling it a lot, but I was interested in it, but I have heard it can damage your hair. Is this true? And if so are there any shampoo's or conditioners that I can apply on my hair before straightening it to help it stay healthy? Thanks!Are there any hair products that can prevent split ends or thinning hair caused by a straightner or curling.?
yes, it damages it because you're sliding it inbetween two hot ceramic slates





get chi-silk infusion- it's a heat protective spray and makes your hair shiny and silky and soft and healthy, even on my coarse spiraly curly hair





make sure you have a good straighter like a chi


completely worth it and keeps hair straight all day


I started losing hair because I would use a remmington wet to dry straightener. don't use it! get a real ceramaic one.





blowdry your hair with a roound brush before hand so you wont have to use excess heatAre there any hair products that can prevent split ends or thinning hair caused by a straightner or curling.?
I have been dealing with frizzy hair all my life...my daughter and niece have frizzy hair...so I can tell you from experience, finding the right products and styling equipment will help...There is a blower/brush combo that will help...there are a few manufacturers. It looks like a curling iron but it has a blower (air that is hot and cool) that works at the same time. It blows air out and heats the attachment and acts like a blower and curling iron at the same time. The shaft of this thing comes in metal or ceramic and can make your styling easier, takes less time, and does less damage because it is does it all. i got my current blower/curling iron at Sallys, but I have seen them at Target also. Be care with the ceramic shafts because they get too hot and have a tendency to break off your hair. The one I have now is made by Revlon.
yes, it can and usually will








you should always use a heat protection spray before using any heat tools :)





for shampoos/ conditioners, i would use SUNSILK thermashine because it is meant to use with heat :)








and if you have split ends and want to get rid of them you can get a haircut (duh)





but the only other way is to use a hair serum (like garnier fructis sleek and shine serum) on the ends of your hair to temporarily seal the hair shaft.





hope i helped :D
yes it can seriously damagw your hair. yeah of course there is, if you want to prep you hair before you straight you could always use thermasilk or paul mitchell. and you can buy heat protectant sprays also from any cvs / salon / or sally beauty supply
treseme always has heat protectors that you can spray on before you do your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment