Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I recently had a 20 lb ovarian cyst removed, and I wondered if my thinning hair has anything to do with it?

It was growing for 5 years, and my hair thinned out quite a bit, and I wondered if that's what it was from and when will my hair thicken up again? I only had the one ovary removed. Thanks!I recently had a 20 lb ovarian cyst removed, and I wondered if my thinning hair has anything to do with it?
Hormone imbalances can cause side effects. A book I was reading about womens' problems indicated that ovarian cysts are likely a result of hormone imbalances. It may be the same hormone that is leading to your thinning hair. If so, just removing an ovary won't bring the hormones into balance.





If you check with an endocrinologist, ask them to determine what your insulin level is. High insulin (pre-cursor condition to diabetes) may cause other hormones to imbalance that leads to thinning hair.I recently had a 20 lb ovarian cyst removed, and I wondered if my thinning hair has anything to do with it?
Yes! thats one of the symptoms of pcos
Do you have hair thinning in your family history? if it is possible (if you have family you can ask) get info about the genes in that area. I am so sorry to hear about your cyst, that must have been difficult for you with the surgeries and recovery. You may ask your doctor about treatment for the thinning hair to help thicken it back up. If that is hereditary, it will be much better to treat it now. There are many different treatments for thinning hair now. Also, the thinning can be a product of stress, which I am sure you had a lot of. In high school I got small patches where the hair would fall out. I didn't feel stressed but my body reacted to it instead of me being emotional. I hope that helps give you some ideas to talk with your doctor about. Good luck.
It could depending on what medicine they put you on afterwards. I had an ovary removed in April of last year because of a cancer cyst on mine. The only thing I could think of is that they put you on medicine that could cause that and you want to look up the side effects to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment