Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Which vitamins minerals or herbs have been proven to improve the condition of lifeless or thinning hair?

i seem to remember reading something about silica being vital for hair growth and rosemary having a stimulating effect on the scalp, but this was ages ago.





has anything been scientifically proven to have a positive impact on the condition of your hair?Which vitamins minerals or herbs have been proven to improve the condition of lifeless or thinning hair?
Recently I noticed my once strong nails and lush hair were looking pretty poor and after a blood test (unconnected)found I was quite badly anaemic and my B12 levels were very low.After ruling out pernicious anaemia and taking Iron and B12 supplements I'm already noticing a great improvement in the condition of my hair and nails.Silica is a good thing to take too.Which vitamins minerals or herbs have been proven to improve the condition of lifeless or thinning hair?
I thought silica was deadly poison!


I'm sure smoking damages the hair.


The photo you see of me was when I was age 42 unlike my brothers who had all turned grey I did not smoke like them.





Nor drink any alcohol. But thesedays have the occasional glass of red wine now and then.





I also use various essential oils in a hot bath, the aroma is good for you.





Rosemary is one I use, but melissa, lemon and lavender I prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment