Monday, February 22, 2010

How do I style my thinning hair?

Over the last 2 years or so I've been losing my hair on top. I don't mind or have an issue with this, as it happens to many men. However, I do find that the styles that used to work for me no longer do. For all your hair savvy folk out there give me some ideas on how I should get me fading mane cut and styled so that I can look my best!How do I style my thinning hair?
Carefully!How do I style my thinning hair?
1. Cut your thinning hair properly. Women with thinning hair should cut their hair to above their shoulders, preferably in a layered style. This will help make the thinning hair appear thicker and voluminous. Men who have thinning hair should also cut their hair into a short style. A buzz cut or other short style can work wonders for a man with thinning hair. Short styles such as these camouflage any thin spots in the hair and reduce the amount of light that shines through the hair, which makes the hair appear fuller. Both men and women should talk to their hair stylist about the best style for their hair.





2. Get a body wave or a perm. Women with straight, thinning hair may want to consider adding body to their hair by getting a body wave or a perm. These chemical treatments performed in a hair salon can give hair the appearance of volume and fullness.





3. Blow-dry your thinning hair. Blow-drying easily allows you to add volume to your hair. Simply start blow-drying your hair at the roots, bending over at the waist if necessary. Continue to blow-dry your hair all the way to the tips. This will make your thinning hair appear thicker and add volume.





4. Use the right hair products to style your thinning hair. Start with volumizing shampoos and conditioners or shampoos and conditioners formulated especially for thinning hair. These products will make your hair appear fuller, which will make it easier to style. The use of mousse in your thinning hair will also help hold your style in place and give your hair volume.
your best bet is to cut it kind of short like finger length, then put some thickening cream or palmaid in it to give it that wet messy look, thus hiding your little imperfection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment