Monday, February 22, 2010

What hormones cause a woman to have thinning hair in her 30's?

I think I have lost about half my hair in the last five years, and while I dont have insurance to go get everything checked, I was just wondering about the subject.What hormones cause a woman to have thinning hair in her 30's?
Hypothyroidism can cause hairloss - also depression like symptoms, sleepiness, weight gain.... (if you have any of those symptoms as well) What hormones cause a woman to have thinning hair in her 30's?
Male pattern baldness is not a single pattern.


it is the pattern of the male line from the mother's side of the male's family.


Sof if he Dad lost the crown of his hair first and then the front of his hairline except for the point. That is his pattern of baldness.


if he lost all of it at once as he past age 50 that is his pattern.


So if you have excessive testosterone in your hormone makeup then you may be suffering from male pattern hair loss and not know it.


My hair gently receded at the front but when my testosterone levels were boosted at age 55 because of new medical advances my hair started to thin out all over just like my Mother's fathers hair did, and at 63 is quite thin.


My Brother had regular levels of testosterone and by 63 was totally bald just like Grampop.
I think the hormones play a greater role in male baldness. With women, it can be any number of things from a vitamin deficiency, low protein or iron, thyroid problems, infection, severe emotional distress to just plain genetics. I think it would be hard to self diagnose.
Women have DHT as well they just need BOTH copies from their parents where men need only one. It's rare but it does occur





Other than that stress, malnutrition, hormones you really should get checked. I know you don't want too but a doc can tell you more
Check out the following website that give reasons that women in your age group would lose hair:





http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-t鈥?/a>





Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment