Saturday, February 20, 2010

Can prolonged headphone use contribute to thinning hair in the area where the headphones are?

I was a DJ for about 10 years ending in 2002. I noticed my hair is thinning more in the area where I used to have my headphones. Can prolonged headphone use contribute to thinning hair in the area where the headphones are?
It can for some people, but I have no proof. Generally, however, you would see that the scalp itself is reddened somewhat in that area as infection can cause hair growth to stop. I know people who have worn headphones for 20 years in the course of their jobs and have not had a problem. However, my sister did and she only wore them when gaming at night to avoid annoying her sleeping hubby. She had a minor scalp infection that simply worsened under where tight fitting headphones fitted. Hair fell out. This was about 3 years ago and the hair has grown in again, but coverage is noticeably less where the headphones were. The dermatologist said that it is the result of the infection, but not the headphones. In my opinion, it was either coincidence, or because the headphones made the infection worse in that area.





My guy and my BIL have worn a hat every day for the last 15 or 20 years and neither have balding spots (neither appear to have male patterned balding). If the headphones were responsible, you'd think it would affect these guys more.Can prolonged headphone use contribute to thinning hair in the area where the headphones are?
yeah if something rubs against your hair it will make it thin. i wear gum boots at work and where the go up to on my feet ( just below the knees) it's rubbed against my leg hair and is all really short there. so i have a ring of short hair around my legs.





not quite sure if sound waves can make you hair thinner. but it's a possibility
im sure its possible.


my friend wore tall socks everyday for his job for about 8 years and now he doesnt grow hair on his legs where the socks were.





but look at it this way, at least its a COOL reason and not because you mowed lawns or something...
it could, its best to stop if you think it does





here watch this, itll make you stress alot less trust me :D


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ004jPl8鈥?/a>





hope this helps!!!
check this out with regards to good quality headphones and what you should be looking for when it comes to purchasing and using.
well they say people who wear hats often will go bald faster, cause all the oils on stuff is trapped in your head


so i suppose its a posibility
i highly doubt it, but you probably have hearing damage
sure, its' possible. worth it though, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment