Saturday, February 20, 2010

What is the best over the counter treatment for thinning hair?

I have been shedding more hair recently, I think due to stress. I have found several over the counter treatments but am unsure which is best for a 24 year old woman. Any suggestions or experiences?What is the best over the counter treatment for thinning hair?
I am 22 years old (female) and i've been having thinning hair due to genetics. It's really devestating! I asked around, and I was told to try Saw Palmetto. I did, and though there isn't a HUGE difference it's stopped the thinning. What it does is, it blocks the chemicals that make your hair thin. With me my hair wasn't falling out, but just shedding normally, but it wouldn't grow back as it shed..so very slowly over years i have dispersed thinning in the crown area. VERY UPSETTING. Saw Palmetto wont' bring back all of your hair though, just the hair roots that havn't died yet. i have no idea how long it takes for a root to die, however it will prevent it from thinning out further. I've been taking two pills a day.





you can find it very cheap on Ebay, I got mine for 6 bucks with 2 dollar shipping. I recommend it, but you must let it work for about 2 months before you really notice anything. it does work and its okay for woman, though it is more pointed for male use because of the benefits it gives to men, but for woman all it does is help the hair problem if it's genetic.





BUT your hair thinning problem could be something eles unrealated to what saw palmetto treats. it could be your thyroid, or PCOS (Polycistic Ovarian Syndrome) or other things. First get checked by a doctor, IF he says it's genetic and there is nothing you can do, Try Saw Palmetto :) I wish the best for you, i know exactly how it feels to be a young lady with hair loss :(What is the best over the counter treatment for thinning hair?
Use Selsun shampoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment