Monday, February 22, 2010

What kind of doctor do I see for thinning hair?

My hair is thinning out and I want to go see a doctor about it. Not one of those Bosley guys or anything, just a regular physician who can check my blood and do all of that other stuff. What's the title of a doctor that would do all this kind of stuff and possibly recommend me for some treatments? I just want to know so I can call Kaiser and not be completely oblivious of the whole process.What kind of doctor do I see for thinning hair?
Go to your regular doctor and talk to him about itWhat kind of doctor do I see for thinning hair?
See a good dermatologist.
You can talk to your regular doctor
A regular family doctor or General practitioner can check your blood work for issues with your thyroid etc. that could be causing hair loss. He/she may refer you to a dermatologist if the hair loss is due to a dermatological concern. Start with your primary care physician and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment